Those of you who have been following our blogs know that we always strive to answer your questions through these pages. Here is a series now to specifically answer those questions that most of you have been asking us on social media! This is the first one in the series.
So, you asked, ‘Can I actually grow my hair back? Can Hair transplant truly restore my hair back to its original state?!’
Here’s the answer from the Hair Experts.
YES! You can!
Simply put, Hair transplant achieves permanent natural hair restoration.
For those who haven’t, and also those who have been keeping up with our blogs, let’s have a recap on the topic, shall we? At the end of it, you will understand our answer to your question above!
What is Hair Transplant/ Restoration?
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure for permanent hair restoration. The process moves hair and hair follicles from one section of your scalp called the donor site to the balding area called the recipient site.
This surgery is either done by follicular unit extraction (FUE), follicular unit transplant (FUT) method or the most advanced Aesthetic Hair Implants (AHI) technique which is used at RichFeel. More questions on the concept and procedure? Click to know more.
Are you a suitable candidate for it?
Hair transplant can be a solution to anyone who is suffering from advanced stages of MPT or FPT, is balding and wants to regain natural hair. Men and women, beyond the age of 25 years can opt for this solution.
There is a common misconception that a hair transplant is an option only for men. It is not true. Women also face the issue of hair loss and balding. Hair transplants are a great way to restore hair permanently for someone with irreversible hair loss and thinning.
Which is the best method/ technique?
The best hair transplant method depends on an individual case. An expert surgeon can take a call as to which method suits you best, as per your donor area configuration and scalp condition. But looking into patient compatibility, generally, AHI, moreover ‘No Shave Technique’ scores highest. It practically has negligible downtime and the patient can resume routine shortly after the procedure. There is also less tissue damage and hence the overall healing time and pain is minimal.
Click here to know more about the various techniques and what would be the best choice.
How do you choose where to get it done from?
Hair restoration surgery is an art that the surgeons master, with rigorous training and practice. The finesse of results depends on the technique and the instruments used. Only a trained surgeon can guide you correctly as to how the restoration can be done and what should you expect with hair restoration surgery.
Choose a clinic that offers you services backed by high medical expertise, intensely trained surgeons, best-in-class technology and state-of-the-art operation theatre facilities. The clinic should also help with post-operative care, guidance in maintaining the overall health of your hair & scalp, ensuring that the end results of the transplant/restoration are satisfactory.
What should you watch out for? What to expect?
Everyone has heard about Hair Transplants being the best option for regaining hair naturally but few know what it involves, what needs to be considered about when, where & how to get it done. More often than not, in the sheer desperation of moving on with it at earliest, clearly having pondered over it for long, you just jump right into it without giving due consideration to some very key factors.
Some things you need to keep in mind and be aware of as you go for the surgical restoration:
- This is a surgical procedure. Which means that all basic precautions that one sees being taken for a surgery, for any part of your body, is taken for this as well. Caution should be exercised in thought and action!
- In-depth pre-procedure tests & medical history review should be carried out by a qualified doctor during consultation before surgery; to ensure the good health & fitness of the patient.
- The clinic should host the right Operation Theatre environment, equipped with required hygiene, procedural and emergency protocols in place, duly supervised by surgeons.
- Surgery should be performed ONLY by intensely trained and qualified Cosmetic Surgeon / Surgeon / Dermatologist. Ensure that confirmation is taken on this before you proceed.
- The number of hours of the procedure is something to watch out for. Ensure that what is discussed with you is a day procedure with 4-6 hours of the actual process. Any procedure which is suggested that is beyond this timeframe is not recommended.
- The transplanted hair is basically your natural hair and behaves as such. It will shed between 2 to 6 weeks of the procedure. Thereafter, you will have growth from the 3rd/4th month of the surgery, and it will follow the regular hair growth cycle life long. You will be prescribed appropriate after-care treatment or medicines as needed, by the surgeon post-surgery. You will also need periodic review for a year after surgery until the full results can be appreciated.
- When we say transplanted hair will follow regular hair growth cycle, it means that you will need to care for your hair as always – both the transplanted hair and the hair in the donor area – to maintain its overall health and growth!
It is your natural hair and it is prone to all that it was prone to before. The results you witness will be hence different from another’s.
You care for it right – you see the results. Remember, Hair is not magic. It’s science!
Click here for a quick checklist of must-knows about hair transplant and how it’s done at RichFeel.
Can hair actually be restored to its original state?
Your original question. And the answer, as we mentioned at the very beginning, is – YES.
Your hair can indeed be restored to its original state. To achieve that, you will need to take due care and caution as we have detailed above.
The most crucial element here is seeking the right professional, medical advice. A clear diagnosis of your condition, understanding of what kind of hair loss you are suffering from, studying it in detail along with your medical case history, diet and lifestyle, is key to solving your concern right.
Losing your hairline due to Male or Female Pattern Baldness or any other condition can be corrected best by a hair transplant procedure. It is the most assured method for gaining hair back. But one has to choose the perfect technique which can give the most natural look, good density and expected results. Further, it is also important to remember that in fact, post-operative care including your diet and lifestyle, under the supervision of a professional, is as important as the surgery itself.
Hair transplant is NOT something that can be performed on a dentist’s chair (unfortunately, a common sight). We have discussed the reason why this is important fairly in detail above.
The right person to guide you on your way forward on this is a Hair doctor/ Trichologist, from a reputed clinic, ticking all those boxes on the checklist we have given you above. Such a team of experts is who you need to lean on for a personalised solution that will work best for you.
Connect with us on social media on the links below. Do leave your questions & comments and we will address them all, just as we have done today!
Here is an offer you can’t ignore!
RichFeel’s Hair Transplant @ just Rs.38,000! (excl taxes)
Click to book an appointment with our Hair experts today and take that first step to restore your hair!
Hurry! Offer valid till 31st July 2019 Only!