Dermatitis of the scalp is also indicated by scaling and redness. If it is severe, it may lead to hair loss. Any chemical treatment can lead to dermatitis. Colouring can cause dermatitis as the person is going to repeatedly use it.
Irritated, red, and itchy skin on the scalp, which causes the flakes known as dandruff, is called scalp eczema. The most common scalp eczema is called as Seborrheic Dermatitis. Sebo means sebum(oil). Scalp will exhibit oily skin. It involves scalp as well as body. It looks similar to psoriasis, allergic reaction.
- Cold weather
- Few medical conditions
- Redness on scalp
- Oily scalp with eruptions
- Boils with lots of itching
- It involves the areas like breast, groin, under the folds of arms, around the navel.
- Autoimmune disorders like rosacea
- After a careful physical and Capilloscopy examination the severity if the disorder is assessed.
- Topical emollients are given to soothe the inflamed scalp.
- Advice to stop oiling since oil many times causes aggravation.
- Any commercial product is advised to be refrained from as the scalp is very sensitive.
- If needed a specific amino acid is given in therapeutic dosage only after ruling out uncontrolled blood pressure and increased levels of uric acid.
- Guidance is given on cautions to be followed so as avoid any relapses
Book an appointment
Please submit your details below.