Rich, thick, shiny hair and healthy glowing skin are perhaps the best indicators of a healthy individual. Just as ageing skin manifests itself through wrinkles, ageing hair manifests itself through ‘thinning’.
Thinning of hair actually refers to an earlier stage of hair loss. This is when the hair shaft, individually, starts to grow thinner and finer in diameter with each hair cycle.
It is a progressive disorder that is seen in both men and women. Referred to as Male Pattern Thinning (MPT) or Female Pattern Thinning (FPT), hair thinning happens in both, but the pattern in which the hair thins is different.
There are few common reasons for hair thinning as similar to hair loss in males and females.
- Certain acute illnesses like typhoid, malaria, jaundice, TB generally aggravates the problem of hair thinning leading to hair loss.
- Acute physical or emotional stress can also lead to evident problems of hair thinning.
- Self-induced hair loss in females such as hairstyles like tight ponytails, Cornrows or too-tight braids can affect the quality of hair.
- Common habits like the use of hair dyes, chemical treatments, bad brushes – Brushing too much, remove excess oil from the scalp. It increases dryness and brittleness of hair.
- Hair thinning can be a result of nutrition deficiencies especially iron, protein and vitamin A.
- Sudden weight loss or losing weight in a short period of time can also affect the normal hair growth cycle.
- Certain medical conditions like pregnancy, cancer, thyroid disorder, can lead to hair thinning symptoms and signs.
Hair Thinning Signs & Symptoms
- Clumps of hair fall out
- Loss of hair on scalp
- Bald spots on the forehead
- Itchy, flaky scalp
- Slow hair growth
Female Hair Thinning Pattern
There are signs for hair thinning treatment in females too which include:
- Hair thinning all over
- Wider centre parting
- A bald spot at the crown of your head
- Rarely a receding front hairline
Hair treatments have so far been ordinarily related to hair-conditioning, hair rejuvenation and restoration. Thinning hair treatment has never been a possibility until now. Thanks to RichFeel’s pioneering experience in hair treatment research, hair thinning remedies are now a reality.
RichFeel conducted a series of research on hair regeneration to fight hair thinning under the guidance of Dr Apoorva Shah, the pioneer of Trichology in India, to eventually discover and develop the application of plant stem cell technology for hair regeneration in close collaboration with scientists from Switzerland and Italy.
In addition to problems of thinning hair in women, it is important for us to find out more relevant information on how to stop thinning of hair and if there exists an effective answer to the single question of – can hair grow back after thinning?
The answer is – Yes. It can. With RichFeel Anagrow.