Psoriasis is a problem that is increasing in incidence, and we need to know more about the psoriasis disease, psoriasis meaning, psoriasis types and cure for psoriasis which involves a specific psoriasis diet as well to treat the condition.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic auto-immune disease that appears on the skin. It occurs when the immune system sends out faulty signals that speed up the growth cycle of the skin cells.
There are many psoriasis types. The bigger concerning fact is that it affects both adults and children. Even though, it is a rare disorder in children, the psoriasis disease does affect them severely just like an adult.
Scalp psoriasis is a common occurrence. Psoriasis disease can also affect other parts of the body wherever there are folds of the skin like the elbows and knees. Psoriasis disease gives rise to a host of psychological problems, and these vary in their degree and intensity depending on the individual, his age, mental ability to cope, support system, etc.
It becomes imperative to find a psoriasis cure and sooner the better. Psoriasis disease can also lead to unwillingness to socialise or to have sexual relations, as a direct fall-out of psoriasis and in such cases, trichologists often have to double up as psychologists to help the patient out of this personal crisis.
Signs & Symptoms Of Psoriasis Disease And Psoriasis Types
Even before you head to find a psoriasis cure, there are many signs of psoriasis disease that one must identify first. Mostly related to scalp psoriasis, these signs and symptoms are both visible and apparent on the scalp. Only after you identify the psoriasis causes, can you head in the right direction of finding the best psoriasis cure.
Here are some common signs and causes of the psoriasis disease particularly related to scalp psoriasis:
- Excessive flaking of the scalp with constant irritation.
- Dry, rough patches appearing in the hairline, behind ears, in eyebrows and at times on the sides of the nostrils.
- In advanced stages of the psoriasis disease, the skin on the rest of the body may also get affected.
- On peeling of scales, scalp may start bleeding.
- Exposure to sun causes intense burning of the scalp.
Risk Factors For Psoriasis
- History of Autoimmune disorders in family
- After acute illness
- After a stressful period
- Injury to scalp (Koebner Phenomenon)
Our Approach - How To Cure Psoriasis Permanently
Psoriasis is autoimmune in nature. One can have long periods of remission, and the aim of the treatment is to control the severity and frequency of the symptoms without administering any steroidal agents.
Treatment For Psoriasis Disease
- After a careful physical and Capilloscopy examination, the severity of the disorder is assessed.
- Topical emollients are given to soothe the inflamed scalp.
- Advice to stop oiling, since oil many times causes aggravation, is given
- Any commercial product is advised to be refrained from, as the scalp is very sensitive and scalp psoriasis cure is challenging.
- If needed, a specific amino acid is given in therapeutic dosage only after ruling out uncontrolled blood pressure and increased levels of uric acid.
- Guidance is given on cautions to be followed so as avoid any relapses.
As part of the treatment for Psoriasis, certain dietary conditions need to be keep in mind:
- Consume food low in saturated fat, steer clear of trans fat and limit your intake of salt and carbohydrates.
- Avoid processed foods and refined sugars.
- Stay hydrated at all times and include and fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.