Hair colour has been used as a tool to make hair look special and enhance one’s persona. Today, it’s become a regular feature for most of us, to make that monthly appointment at the salon for colouring our hair, or worse still, at home with the bought-off-shelf hair colour!
We know there’s a flip side to this. We know deep down that we are perhaps damaging our hair somehow every time we colour. But we would rather endure the pangs of guilt and live with possibly, irrevocably damaged hair, rather than display the slightest streak of grey in our hair – isn’t that the hard truth of it? There’s so much pressure and expectation in the society we live in today, to make that ‘first impression’, to ‘look younger’ and ‘be hip’, that it’s almost pointless to play the blame game, and yet we do! We blame ourselves when our hair, thanks to repeated exposure to these dyes and chemicals, starts thinning and falling, but rarely do we do something about it. About time this is addressed?
Let’s break this down to understand it better.
How do hair colours actually damage your hair?
Frequent colouring of hair can damage the cuticle which is the outermost layer of the hair shaft. It can also damage the internal structure such as cortex and medulla.
Similar to a tree that has a bark as an outer covering, the cuticle is the outer covering for our hair shaft. For the hair colour to penetrate through the cuticle, it has to be lifted. All hair colouring products include some chemical or the other, which lifts up the cuticle, to deposit colour into the cortex (inner layer of a strand of hair).
But the problem here is that is once you’ve disturbed the cuticle, the damage has already begun because the cuticle is not meant to be lifted. And the longer the colour is penetrating your open cuticle and hair shaft, the longer the chemical has to attack and wreak havoc on your open cuticle and hair shaft by weakening and damaging them.
The popular choice is to choose ammonia-free products because it is believed that it doesn’t damage our hair so. This is a myth!
Brands may advertise and declare the natural properties about their hair colour product, call it ammonia-free, but it’s a known fact that all hair colouring products contain harmful chemicals.
Chemical treatments cause damaging effects on hair due to,
- Chemical degradation of proteins
- Abrasion of protein layers
As a result, the strength of the hair fiber is reduced, leading to various problems like
- Dry and rough Hair
- Split ends
- Dry and itchy scalp
- Hair breakage
- Loss of texture
- Hair loss
On the scalp, the chemical treatments can cause irritation, dryness, skin discoloration. The cumulative, adverse effect on prolonged usage of such chemicals can be long-lasting or permanent, unless & until you pay it due attention, take action to limit the damage. To find out more about chemical damage to your hair, reach out to our hair experts.
So! Is there truly a way out, to colour hair without feeling guilty of ruining it?!
RichFeel, the only brand synonymous with hair & scalp care in the country, introduced, for the very first time in India, advanced treatment to solve this very concern of hair colour damage – The revolutionary ana-d-tox therapy.
Proteins make up about 95% of human hair, the main component being the protein keratin. Proteins help protect hair shaft by forming a protective film, seal split ends, repair damaged hair by smoothing the hair shaft, provide manageability, and add shine, body & strength. For the scalp, proteins work as emollients, reducing irritation & chapping, hydrating the scalp. Also, forming a protective film.
Ana-d-tox is packed with protein power that repairs the cuticle and enhances the natural strength of the hair. Here are some highlights on how this remarkable treatment detoxifies your hair.
- It comes packed with POWER Triple Hydrolyzed Proteins (THP), from the USA, with three advanced natural proteins – Wheat, Barley and Quinoa.
- Wheat – Wheat proteins help reduce scalp irritation while improving the health of the scalp and thus preventing hair breakage.
- Barley – Barley proteins add moisture to the scalp and prevent dryness. The Barley proteins also decrease roughness and reduce curly hair, while nourishing the scalp.
- Quinoa – Quinoa proteins make your hair feel smoother and silkier and also prevent the colour from fading.
- It detoxes revive, protects & repairs your hair and scalp from damage caused by colouring.
- Ana-d-tox fights organically, the hair problem which has been caused by chemically. The POWER THP reconstructs the strands of hair that have been under chemical attack – they repair the damage, restore the moisture and also seal it in.
- The therapy uses the unique patented Transdermal machine from Biotec, Italy, which ensures maximum penetration of the THP into the hair, helping to minimise the adverse effects of hair colour on the hair and scalp.
Ana-d-tox works in four steps.
- Detox – This step will help to detoxify the scalp – remove dead cells. Product used in this is the Ana-d-tox spray, along with an ultrasonic spatula.
- Revive – In this step the Ana-d-tox activator is used with the patented transdermal Italian machine, for stimulation and to reduce irritation & dryness of scalp. The scalp activator contains Wheat Triple proteins.
- Repair – In this step, the hair shaft is worked upon to repair the chemical damage, by using the Ana-d-tox mask. This mask is enriched with Quinoa Triple protein which beautifies the hair.
- Protect – This step enhances the glow by reducing dryness, roughness & frizziness, by using the Ana-d-tox repair. This protects from hair breakages. This repair contains Barley Protein which has a film forming capacity leaving hair manageable.
Thanks to this treatment, the colour retention increases by 20% and colour uptake by 25%; thereby reducing the frequency of colouring & hair damage.
So! How do you keep colouring your hair while preventing its damage; and get rid of those guilt-laden days?! You have your answer now.
With RichFeel’s revolutionary ana-d-tox! that allows you to colour, highlight and streak your hair as many times as you want, without worrying yourself needlessly about the underlying damage the chemicals are causing. Reach out to our hair doctors today and stay clear of hair colour damage!