PREMATURE GREYING HAIR TREATMENT
Greying of hair at an early age is known as premature greying of hair. While grey hair is a part of the natural ageing process, excess of grey hair in people over the age of 30 is a cause of concern too.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS-
Greying of hair seen in younger age. Hair start showing discoloration and grey star appearing which may start spreading fast.
- Heredity- It is seen in some families that greying starts in very early age.
- Lack of nutrition- Diet deficient of essential minerals like Iron, copper & zinc may trigger greying early in life. Some vitamin deficiencies may also contribute.
- Major illnesses can also trigger greying proving stressful to body.
- Mental stress can also aggravate greying.
Since premature greying is a controllable and not curable problem, the focus is about arresting the spread of greying till the physiological age of greying i.e. 30 and above.
GREYING HAIR TREATMENT-
- Dealing with complain of PMG, needs a clear understanding between doctor and patient, so on examination a rough evaluation is done about what is the percentage of greying in different anatomical areas of the scalp. Whether body hair are involved or not?
- Depending upon genetic susceptibility, age of the patient, nutritional status of the patient a clear objective is set.
- A specific amino acid needed in hair pigment synthesis is given as internal supplement for 1 year along with Vit. B complex. If needed iron supplements are also prescribed.
- Regular examination confirms the successful arrest.
- In young adolescents at times even colour changes are seen. The benefit of the treatment is observed even after the treatment.
- Deterrent factors are explained to the patient so that caution can be maintained to prevent relapse.
Premature Greying hair treatment is done with an objective to control, sustain and reverse the greying process; however the patient’s body response is a key factor in the process. This treatment is a long term process that shows results gradually and to varying degrees.