Every hair has a life cycle which lasts for 3 years and 4 months. Growth cycle of hair is spread over a certain period of time and consists of three basic phases
1) Anagen—which is growing phase lasts for 3 years
2) Catagen—Which is transitional phase which lasts for about a month
3) Telogen— Which is falling phase lasts for 3 months
The ratio between the anagen and the telogen phase of the hair is called as A;T ratio and should ideally be 80:20 which means 80 % of the hair are in growing phase and 20 % are in falling phase.
Normal human being sheds out at least 50 to 100 hairs every day following healthy hair growth cycle. Women after pregnancy loose more hair than normal. Alopecias are mostly seen in patients who are under constant stress. Some of the factors which may lead to alopecia are diet, illness, a range of medications, mineral deficiency, hair treatments, hereditary problem, pollution, deprived nutrition, hair styling, hormonal alterations, autoimmune disorders and etc.
One of the most significant factors of the hair loss is stress and hectic life of the one is living.
Why Hair Falls In Rainy Season
High humidity, Dirty rain water, acid rain are the causative reason for rapidly falling hair. This will make the hair dry, brittle. Excess humidity makes the scalp more oily greasy.
Dandruff, oily scalp is very common. Itching also increases as hair always remain damp. Hair breakages increases.
Changes which are needed
- Never tie wet hair
- Keep the hair dry
- Use of oil should be 2/week
- Use very mild shampoo
- If possible avoid chemical treatment
- Do not use hair dryer
- Healthy diet is must, avoid outside food if possible
- Drink at least 2 lit of water/day
- Protection of hair with cap or umbrella is must
Corrections to control hair loss
- Eat food which is rich in Vitamin C like citrus fruit, salad, baked potatoes, orange, gooseberry, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes. This will help in increasing the absorption of iron. It helps in building the immunity of body
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in walnuts, flaxseeds makes the hair healthy and shiny and prevent the hair from getting dry and brittle.
- Eating lentils, soybeans, sunflower seeds, wheat, and walnuts increases vitamin B in the body which invariably improves health of the hair.
- Zinc is also a necessary mineral which provides nourishment to the hair. Zinc sources are peanut butter, pumpkin seeds etc.
- Food rich in protein like soya bean, paneer, chickpeas, millet are also excellent for hair
- Drinking 3 lit of water help in detoxification of body and it also provides minerals which are trace elements required for hair.